Saturday, November 21, 2009

I sit, I crawl and I bite

I am 7-month old today. It's also daddy's 37th birthday. Happy birthday to US!!!


My gross motor skills have made a gigantic leap forward over the past month. Between 5 to 6-months old, I was able to sit up for a brief moment using my hands to balance myself. But because my back wasn't strong enough, I almost always ended up toppling over and someone nearby would have to rescue me before I fell and hit my head against the floor. But beginning this week, my back has gained significant strength and I am able to sit unassisted. Here's how I look with my new pose.


Besides sitting up, I also learned to scoot myself forward using my arms, my butt and my legs while lying on my tummy. You might still recall that I mastered the skill of rolling over both ways just not too long ago. Technically, that alone would be sufficient for me to get from point A to point B. But to train my muscles, mommy always put toys a little further from my reach so I had to learn to drag my fat self forward. And over time, I figured out how to use my arms to pull my body and my legs to propel myself forward. Boy, it's exhausting but it's a lot of fun grabbing what I want.


You may have noticed that over the past few months, drooling as well as finger-sucking have become a crucial part of my signature smile. Well, Dr. Lee said it was due to "teething". I felt something increasingly uncomfortable in my gums since a few weeks ago. It made me want to drool and bite, and occasionally I would wake up in the middle of the night and cry because of the discomfort. Luckily that hasn't happened too many times so far.

So just what is teething? Today, mommy took a great shot of it. Check out my 2 newly erupted chompers!