I had my first flight experience 2 weeks ago when daddy and mommy brought me down to LA to celebrate their 3-year wedding anniversary and to visit auntie Melissa and her family. On the day of our departure, I was fascinated watching all the hustle and bustle from the Bjorn carrier. First, we took a small shuttle bus from an airport parking to the terminal. Then, daddy and mommy offloaded their big luggages (but not me) and got 3 passes at the check-in counter, one of which was for me!
Then, we went through security check and walked over to another waiting area where we stayed for about 45 mins prior to boarding. Throughout the waiting time, I kept myself busy with people watching, playing with daddy, crawling all over mommy, etc. By the time I made it to the plane, I was a little exhausted. I quickly found a comfortable spot (i.e. mommy's arms), put in my pacifier and nodded off.
The first thing I knew waking up from my nap was that we were ready to deplane and daddy was busy transferring me back into the Bjorn carrier. Yes, I made it to LA with no fuss or tears, except for a few snores! If anyone were to ask me about my first flight experience, I would say "It's as good as my crib."
LA was warm and sunny. Uncle Scott picked up mommy and I while daddy headed over to the car rental to pick up our car. The ride was short and sweet and upon arrival, I met grandma Joann, auntie Melissa and my 2-year old cousin Chelsey. It was my first time meeting cousin Chelsey, but I felt very comfortable being around her. Perhaps because we were the closest in age in the house, I liked to show her my friendliness by pulling her hair. Oops! Sorry Chelsey, I was just being friendly.
Over the next few days, we managed to spend some quality time with family and friends. We visited a nearby pumpkin patch in Irvine Park, went to Marche in the South Coast Plaza for lunch, met with mommy's friend, auntie Bibi, in Rowland Heights and enjoyed a gourmet halloween dinner prepared by uncle Daryl. As for the most important question: What did I dress up as in my first halloween? *drum roll* I was a monkey! I liked the costume and I looked very cute in it. But too bad, I got a little sniffle and daddy decided I should stay home instead of going trick-or-treating with other kids. Oh well, since I wouldn't get to eat the candies anyways I was delighted to trade trick-or-treating for an early night of sleep.
And with that marked the end of our wonderful LA trip!