Friday, October 23, 2009

I am 6-months old!

Six months have gone by really quickly. I am 6 months old as of this past Wednesday. Yay! Happy half-birthday to me!


Like many other infants at the same age, I have begun eating solids which admittedly is not very tasty. The part that I don't understand is that mommy and daddy's food is clearly much more exciting than my bowl of rice cereal. What's going on here with this Food Nazi? I will not budge that easily. Every evening around dinner time if I am still awake, I will make them sit me at the dinner table to watch them eat. I will also play with everything on the table so hopefully soon enough they will get the message and feed me the good stuff... Yum!
"With more food comes greater mobility" -- I remember hearing this from a movie when I was still in mommy's belly. I am pleased to announce that I can finally rollover both directions, back-to-tummy and tummy-to-back. It also means that mommy and daddy (and nanny May) need to keep a much closer eye on me than before. Just today, while playing on the gym mats I rolled and bumped my forehead against the exersaucer... Ugh, my first "accident" since birth. Luckily I was not injured but I got a tiny little bump on my forehead as a result.

Oh, I almost forgot. Yesterday I went to see Dr. Lee for my 6-month well visit. I know everybody's looking forward to my latest stats. Okay, here you go curious little minds!
  • Height: 27.5 in (84%)
  • Weight: 19 lbs 9 oz (85%)
  • Head Circumference: 44 cm (58%)
As usual, I was also scheduled to receive several shots -- 3 immunization vaccines, 1 seasonal and 1 H1N1 flu shot! Yikes. Since mommy and daddy wanted to spare my poor thighs from soreness, they elected to split up the shots into two sessions and got me the 2 flu shots + DTAP only. THANKS, I LOVE YOU BOTH!!!
So here I am, all flu-proofed.