Boy, it has been a long time since I last blogged as mommy got a little too busy after returning to work earlier this month. Guess I really need to start learning to write or my blog will go stale!
Over the past 3 months, mommy and I have really developed a strong bond with each other. I would have loved to tell her in words how much I enjoy her company. But unfortunately, I can only babble and coo for now. So instead, I will give her a big smile everytime I see her face or listen to her talking with me. In fact, it is also what I like to do to her first thing in the morning and when she comes home from work. I just can't wait to learn to say "Good morning" and "Welcome home" one day!



Besides showing my friendly smile, these few weeks I have also picked up a number of new skills. There are quite a lot so I hope I haven't forgotten any of them. Remember how much I love watching my own reflection on the mirror? Well, I love it the most when mommy holds me in front of the mirror with her face sticking close to mine. Whenever I see our reflections I will smile and sometimes, even giggle. Whenever I feel itchy on my head or face, I will reach my fingers up to scratch (though, sometimes maybe a bit too hard... Ouch!) Whenever mommy or May holds me, I will try to grab onto their shirt and wrap my arms around them. You know, better safe than sorry since I know I'm getting heavier.
Speaking of grabbing things, I have started training up my coordination skills by reaching out for everything around me. The little doggie rattle is one of my favorites.
Sometimes I get curious and wonder how everything taste. So every now and then, I will put the stuff in my hands straight into my mouth! Ummm... But so far, nothing really compares to my chubby little hands. I love to nibble at them as they're meaty and soft. Hehe...
Among everything I have learned recently, mommy thinks I look the cutest when trying to hold onto my own bottle. I still need to perfect my grip a bit but nonetheless, here's my first attempt. What do you think?
One last thing I am learning still is to rollover from my back to tummy. It's a lot harder than the other way around. But don't worry, given how strong I am (thanks to the 6oz. of milk every sitting) it will just be a matter of practice for me to surprise everybody. Watch out for the next mobile infant, Lucas Lum!
In a few days I will go in for my 4-month well visit. I am sure Dr. Lee will be very impressed by all my little developmental milestones, including my ability to sleep a 6 to 8-hour stretch every night. And yes, surely he will be amazed by my latest stats as well... More on that after the visit.
Okay now, it's getting late. I need to let mommy get her beauty rest. Ciao.
Lucas A. Lum, 4m old