Friday, August 21, 2009

4-month well visit

Yesterday, daddy and mommy brought me to see Dr. Lee for my 4-month checkup. All the nurses greeted us with a big smile, followed by: "Oh, he is a big boy!" I wonder if that's the latest and trendiest way for adults to say hello to each other.


We started the visit off with the usual routine -- Weight, length and head circumference measurement. Below are my latest statistics *drumroll please*

Length: 26.25 inches (91%)

Weight: 16lb 12oz (85%)

Head circumference: 42cm (45%)

Dr. Lee seemed to be very pleased with my growth progress. He told daddy and mommy to try giving me rice cereal between now and 6 months. Umm... I wonder what it tastes like...

After checking me up, Dr. Lee sent us over to the other end of the floor where we entered into a familiar room and met with a familiar face... The same nurse who gave me 3 shots two months ago! Needless to say, I was least excited about that part of the visit.


I had 2 shots together with the Rotavirus sour drops. Perhaps my body is reacting and developing immunity to the foreign agents, I am running a low-grade fever now. I better get some rest and hopefully be well again tomorrow.

Lucas A. Lum, 4m old