I used to love sleeping in a swaddle as I enjoyed the warm, cozy and secure feeling brought about by the receiving blankets. Once inside the 'burrito wrap', my annoying reflexes would not bother me anymore and I would stay asleep until my midnight snack time.
But as time went by, I got a little too big and my karate kicks got a little too strong for the swaddle to stay put. So mommy and daddy decided to graduate me into sleep sacks. I have to admit I did not like the change at the beginning. For one, my flailing arms were preventing me from falling asleep. And the crib seemed to have suddenly turned into an ocean where the poor little me was being dunk into the middle of it! On the first night, I protested with loud cries, tears and sweat. It must have been at least an hour before I exhausted myself and fell asleep. After about 3 nights of progressively shorter protests, I realized I didn't need the burrito wrap to fall asleep if I was tired. The sleep sack was also quite comfy and I could stay asleep in it. Finally, I got to enjoy the entire crib for the first time as now I could spin like a merry-go-round in it. Gosh, why didn't my parents unswaddle me sooner???