Three months have quickly gone by and today is my 3rd monthiversary. Weehoo! I'm a big boy now.
Okay, to many of you I'm still a little baby. But relative to a couple of weeks ago, I have definitely grown a lot and look more like a little boy than a newborn baby. I even managed to hit several milestones ahead of schedule. Impressive huh? Anyways, here's a quick recap of where things stand with me at 3 months:
Size
We will have the official numbers during my 4-month well visit scheduled for Aug-20. For the time being, mommy's DIY estimation has me at approximately 15.5lbs, 25.5 inches long. So gone are the days you see me in my lovely Gap onesies and my 'Go Bananas" sleepwear. In fact, I don't understand why even those 3-6 months onesies are becoming so tight. Perhaps I just had another growth spurt?!? Seriously, I feel much more comfortable in clothes for 6-9 month olds!
Eat-and-Sleep


Since I am a very active baby, I need about 5 oz. of milk per sitting about 6-7 times a day to stay happy. With a full belly, I can usually sleep 5-6 hour stretches at night and spare mommy from waking up every 2 hours to feed me. Soon enough, I will be able to sleep through the night. I promise.
New Discoveries
I could do mini push-ups and occasional rollover as early as 2 months old. Thanks to all the tummy time and leg-kicking exercise mommy and May did with me. My neck and back are both getting stronger. So much so that I can keep my head up and my back straight when being held and no longer wabble much. In fact, I prefer being held upright than being cradled so I can look at the world the way adults do. It's so much more fun and colorful than the boring old ceiling, I must say.
I get fascinated easily by my surroundings. I stare at objects that are sitting still and I love to track moving objects by following them with my eyes. Among everything, my all-time favorite thing to see is still my parent's face. Every morning, I just love waking up to see them at a close distance and hear them say "Good morning!" Whenever I hear that, I would respond with a big smile and try to babble the same to them.
Oh, did I mention I also discovered several interesting things about myself? For example, I could blow bubbles with my drool, I could lick my tiny fists (yum!) in-between meals, and I could see another little boy looking just like me on a mirror!
Boy, life is good. The life of a baby is even better!
Lucas A. Lum, 3m old