The past two weeks have been very busy for daddy and mommy as they were trying to hire a nanny to take care of me before mommy returns to work. After receiving about 80 phone calls and speaking with 30+ people over the phone, mommy selected 5 potential nannies to come meet with us and I was honored to be an integral part of their interviewing process. No, I did not get to ask questions though I would not mind to do so if I could talk. But my role was equally important -- If I cried or looked uncomfortable when the nanny held me, fed me or changed my diaper, you bet mommy would ding her right there as those were deal breakers. Hehe.
After trying out two prospects, we were pleased to have May on-board. She is a 60 year-old lady who immigrated to the US from Beijing some 30+ years ago. She is a typical Chinese caregiver with experience acquired both from raising her two daughters and being a nanny. She keeps her communication very open with mommy so things work out pretty well even though there are differences in style at times. Overall, I like her as she is loving, caring and clean. Our next step is to train her and get her up to speed on my daily routine and cues. That way mommy can return to work without worries (other than missing me, of course ;) )
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Mommy's new helper
Lucas A. Lum, 11w old
Posted by Unknown at 11:46 PM