Sunday, June 28, 2009

My first times

One of my favorite activities is tummy time as I get to hang out with my favorite friends, Mr. Crocodile and Mr. Penguin, while flexing my muscles in the activity center. With weeks of training (and faceplanting), my neck and arms are gradually getting stronger. And finally this past week, I managed to surprise daddy and mommy with my first-ever mini push-up.
Not only that, I also somehow figured out how to do a tummy-to-back rollover. Pretty incredible achievement for a 9-week old, huh? I know daddy and mommy were both very amazed and shocked. Mommy in particular made me repeat it a few times just to make sure I did not do it by accident. Boy, that was fun but exhausting!
Then on Sunday, the weather was unusually warm and sunny in San Francisco. It was a perfect day for venturing outdoors so daddy and mommy brought me out to the Botanical Garden in Golden Gate Park for a late afternoon stroll. I was very excited as it was my first visit there. The air was very fresh and the scenery was just mesmerizing! I have never seen so much green and colorful flowers before. Being a photography aficionado, daddy of course took every opportunity to photoshoot me and mommy. It must have been after a hundred or so pictures and over an hour of strolling before we finally headed back. I had no idea when we actually left as after all the excitement I could not help but doze off in my comfy stroller. Hey, you cannot blame me for that as nothing beats taking a nap in the midst of a picturesque garden under the warm sunlight! I'm sure daddy would agree with me, hehe!

Lucas A. Lum, 9w 5d old