Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Marching into week 4

Time flies.  In about a week, I will be one month old.  Things have been going pretty well so far and I am adapting to the world wonderfully.  My appetite has increased quite a bit over the past week as I could be in what people call a 'growth spurt' -- I need at least 2.5 oz of milk (sometimes even 3 or more) every 2 to 3 hours to stay happy now.  I'm also getting heavier and stronger each day so it is no longer as easy for mommy and grandma to carry me up and down the stairs especially when I squirm like a worm to hurry them up.  My kicks and stomps have become much more powerful, most evidently when I am hungry so I can get my point across loudly and clearly.  My neck strength has also improved much with all 'tummy time' daddy has given me.  By the way, that is one of my favorite activities besides eating and sleeping ;-)


All in all, I think daddy, mommy and I are working well together as a 'team'.  They are gradually picking up my 'schedule' and cues so most of the time I do not have to scream much anymore to get what I want.  Expert says it is important for parents to respond quickly to their crying infants as part of the mutual trust building process.  Well, for me, I prefer to make things easier and obvious so I can help them help me more effectively.  Hehe!

Happy and well-fed me:


Hungry and sad me: 


Lucas A. Lum, 3w and 1d old.