I had my first pediatrics appointment with Dr. Peter Lee this past Thursday. The visit started off with a step I was least excited about -- Taking my clothes off! As expected, I cried. Daddy and mommy quickly soothed me so the nurse could do her job. She measured my length (height) and put me on a scale to see if I had fattened up since returning home.
For those of you who wondered if I have gained any weight, here's your answer (*drum rolls*): Yes, and I am proudly weighing at whopping 8lb 10oz! It is quite an impressive increase from my weight at discharge, which was a few ounces less than my birth weight of 7lbs 9oz. Typically, doctors would like to see babies regain their birth weight by their 2-week appointment. In my case, I exceeded it by almost 2lbs.
Thanks mommy for her frequent feeding and daddy for his all-day changing! Their effort was certainly paying off really well.