Coming up with a name for me was a challenge. Daddy and mommy read through sites after sites, names after names and still couldn't pick out anything. There were a few 'leading candidates' initially but for one reason or another none really stood out as a clear winner at the end. So frankly, I was a bit worried that they might end up calling me 'Bugger Lum'. :(
For my first name, they wanted nothing too common because they didn't want 5 other kids in my class to share the same name when I get old enough for school. Then they also didn't want anything way too trendy and unique as a few years down the road the name might become obsolete. After months of searching, they finally decided on the name "Lucas" which was short, simple and meaningful. The name means "Bringer of the Light" and surely I will light up their lives from now on.
With the first name set, daddy and mommy then moved onto researching for a middle name which they wanted it to be somewhat unusual. Daddy came across "Avery" and fell in love with it immediately as it contains both "V" and "Ry". Not only that but it also has an interesting meaning of 'The leader of all elfs' or, the most mischievous of all mischievous little fairies. ;-) Hehe, we'll see.
Finally, grandpa Teddy and grandma Helen from Hong Kong got me a really cool Chinese name 林澔霆 with the help of a feng-shui master. The name is somewhat unusual but it sounds very nice both in Cantonese and Mandarin. The reasons for the choice of characters have to do with my date/time of birth, number of character strokes, five elements of my life, etc. Oh well, it's too complicated for even mommy to understand. So out of curiosity, she looked up a Chinese dictionary for possible meanings instead. Turned out 澔 means "A lot" and 霆 means "Thunder". So perhaps one way to interpret my name is to be the "Bringer of breakthroughs". Pretty cool huh? Well the only catch is that the chinese characters are complicated and daddy was quite amazed when he saw them. Well, I guess for as long as I don't get penalized to write my Chinese name 100 times, I will be absolutely in love with it.