Friday, July 23, 2010
When Lucas met Saria...
When I woke up this past Wednesday morning (Jul 21, 2010), I sensed that something unusual was going on. The first person coming into my room to pick me up was neither mommy nor daddy. It was grandma Joann. Then throughout the day, I saw no signs of either of them coming downstairs playing with me or, even saying goodbye before heading out. "Where did they go?" I kept pondering. The day went by as if it was just like any other day. But my behavior was nothing like my usual self. I refused to take my afternoon nap and did not want to eat what grandma cooked. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. So by the following morning, I was nothing but exhausted and cranky.
Around 9am Thursday morning (Jul 22, 2010), daddy finally showed up. Hurray!!! But wait, no mommy? Before I could figure out how to ask daddy that question, I was already driven out to see Dr. Lee for my 15-month well visit. The routine visit was no different than before where they would weigh me, measure my height and gave me several annoying shots. I tipped the scale at 23 lbs 13oz and measured at a whopping 2 ft 8 in. in height. Quite a tall toddler huh? The most noticeable difference this time was that mommy was not there with me. It was the first well visit she missed. :(
After my appointment, daddy put me on the stroller and we walked over to the big building a short block away instead of heading home. We went up to the 6th floor of the building and stepped into one of the rooms. Guess who was there? It was mommy! I was so happy to finally see both mommy and daddy again. Upon a closer look, I noticed a little bassinet right by mommy's bed. Daddy brought me closer to it and there I saw a little baby inside. Daddy whispered, "She is your baby sister, Saria." I reached out and made a gentle touch on her little swaddling blanket. "Hello, Saria!"
Posted by Unknown at 7:46 PM