Sunday, July 18, 2010

Learning like a sponge

It has been quite a while since we last updated this blog as my editors have been really busy. Mommy in particular has been working long hours and getting tired much quicker than before. And over the past month, she literally walked like a penguin most of the time as her bulging belly was growing bigger by the day. She told me I would be a big brother in a few weeks and inside her belly was someone called "mui mui" to whom I have to set a good example. I had no idea what she was talking about. But gotta admit her belly has been a really comfy pillow for me!


So, what's new with big bro Lucas since the last update?
  • I got good with many of my toys, such as cookie jar sorter, star stacker, learning table and clipo-hippo. I also figured out how to use different kinds of electronics around the house, including the tv remote, cordless phone, touch screen cell phone, light dimmer, etc. I remember I didn't use to show too much interest in those stuff as I thought they were all just teething toys coming in different color, shape and texture. But as time went by, I realized they actually weren't teething toys but something I could play with in different ways.
  • I learned to climb up and down every piece of furniture (and non-furniture) more sturdily, and started to enjoy the playground more including the slide, the tunnel, the ropes, etc. My next challenge will be to get over that "Superyard" so I could get back my freedom whenever I want!
  • I picked up different gestures and actions through observing and learning from people around me. Besides waving bye bye, I can now dance to any music, imitate daddy and mommy making phone calls and talking on the phone, brush my hair with a hairbrush, hug my doggy Scout whenever he says "Gimme a hug", kiss mommy and daddy, pretend to sleep whenever mommy unfolds the sleep sack, stick my tongue out to the edge of my mouth, grab my foot up against my nose when mommy says "Stinky", etc.
  • I continued to babble all day long and expanded my vocabulary to include a few more words, for e.g. apple, no-no, nai-nai (milk), clean-up, wo-wo (dog), stinky, brush, hug hug, hi hi, bye bye, etc.
Oh boy, what a list of accomplishments! Okay, I know you are all now very curious to see some demo. Here's a video of me learning to brush my hair:



Here's a video of me playing a game on mommy's Nexus One: