Everyone says I am a spitting image of daddy. But today, I discovered one thing that I resembled mommy a lot among several other things -- We both get hives very easily! I know that trait must be from mommy's side of the family as daddy said he's never had hives all his life (Are you sure, daddy?) Now I know who will be the one I can count on to understand everything I have to go through when the same happens again (*knocking on the wood*)
It all started around 6pm today when I was happily crawling up the stairs, as usual. Nanny May first noticed I had a few red bumps on my neck and thought I got stung by some bug. She gave me a warm bath and called mommy, who was in the shuttle on her way home somewhat puzzled by everything she heard. By the time daddy got home in less than 30 minutes, my whole body pretty much swelled up with tiny red bumps everywhere. It was one of the worst and most annoying itch I have ever had in my whole 10 months of life!
Ugh, for who knew how long I was nothing but miserable. Luckily, daddy and mommy came to rescue. Daddy thought those were hives and called Uncle Scott to confirm if Benadryl would help ease the symptoms. Mommy called urgent care to ensure we didn't miss anything and that we had some next steps to follow should the Benadryl not help at all. After sipping up a small spoonful of the medicine, the hives and the itch gradually faded away. But apparently the medicine made you sleepy, so I pretty much passed out minutes after my final feeding. Mommy and daddy were delighted to see that by the time I went to bed I was already 80% back to normal. Phew! What a crazy evening!
So what was the culprit? We still don't know yet. Perhaps the strawberries? Hope not as they were delicious. Yum.
Lucas A. Lum