Sunday, March 14, 2010

What do we know about Lucas?

Time really flies. In a little over a month, I'll be 1 year old. It also means that I can soon officially graduate from the term "infant" to "toddler" as more likely than not, I'll be "toddling" around by then. What a cool new title huh?

The other day I saw mommy quietly jotting down some notes about someone who shares much in common with me. Here's what I recall:

Personality / Temperament
  • Curious
  • Persistent
  • High (very high) energy
  • Sociable and loves to smile
  • Easy going
  • Low maintenance
Favorites
  • To-Do's: Bathing and splashing, looking and smiling at the mirror, practicing balance on daddy and mommy's bed, exploring corners and cracks in the house, crawling up the stairs
  • Toys: Many but mostly everyday household items such as Aquaphor container, various kinds of caps, straps, cables, door stoppers, small knick-knacks, etc.
  • Characters: Elmo FTW
  • Food: Baby cereal (Gerber Graduates)
  • Sleeping Position: Snuggling with mommy. Otherwise, on tummy in the crib.
  • Amusement: Any funny noise such as nose-blowing, tsk-tsk, etc.
Least Favorites
  • Places: Boosted chair or anywhere restraining and confining.
  • To-Do's: Putting on clothes
  • Food: Rice cereal
  • Behavior: Someone snatching his toys
First Words
  • Mama, Baba, DaDa, Duck Duck, Mum mum, Ya Ya
Other Observations
  • Ticklish
  • Very expressive
  • Loves cuddling, kissing, hugging
  • Enjoys variety and new stimulus (esp. all the cool stuff mommy and daddy uses, eats, etc.)
  • Likes upbeat music
Milestones
  • First smile: 5 weeks
  • Head up on tummy: 6 weeks
  • Rollover (tummy-to-back): 9 weeks
  • Full neck control: 3 months
  • Rollover (back-to-tummy): 5 months
  • Sitting up: 6 months
  • First flying experience: 6 months (Destination: Orange County)
  • Crawling: 7 months (Started with army crawl, then real crawl in 4's)
  • First tooth: 8 months
  • Standing up: 8 months
  • First words (aside from babbling): 9 months
  • Walking: 10 months (Walking sideways like a crab while gripping onto something)
Those are what I can remember for now. Umm... Wonder who that person was that mommy was writing about... Wouldn't it be nice if she can introduce him/her to me as a buddy one day?

Lucas A. Lum, 10m 4wks