Hello, MERRY (belated) CHRISTMAS! Hope you all had fun over the holidays. I certainly enjoyed it a lot with daddy and mommy who both took some time off to hang out with me. Wanna know what we did?
I kicked off the holidays early with a high fever of 103.4F. It was my first fever, ever. Daddy first felt that I was a little warm during my early morning feeding on Dec 16. When he measured my temperature it was just about 101F. But within a little over an hour it shot up to 102.4F axillary (equivalent to 103.4F). Both daddy and mommy were worried so they took me to see Dr. Lee who thought I might have caught a flu virus of some sort. It was definitely not a fun experience but luckily, I bounced back pretty quickly and my temperature dropped back to normal by the next day or so. Poor mommy, she ended up catching my bug and started sneezing all throughout the holidays.
Despite a small little setback at the beginning, we managed to spend a wonderful and relaxing X'mas in Dinuba, daddy's hometown, meeting up with grandma Joann, uncle Daryl, auntie Joyce and auntie Bonnie. It was my first time meeting up with the aunties and visiting Fresno/Dinuba. Mommy was a little worried at first as I started to have stranger anxiety and would need some time to warm up to new environments, new faces, etc. But surprisingly, unlike the case with uncle Daryl (more on that later), I was really comfortable being around the aunties and playing with them. After enjoying some quality time together, we wrapped up the night with a great dinner in Black Angus.
Here're some pictures taken while we were visiting auntie Joyce's apartment in Fresno.
Auntie Joyce feeding me my milk.
Auntie Bonnie playing with me on the couch.
I had fun just rolling around on the carpet.
So what's the deal with uncle Daryl? Hehehe, nobody knew why but even after 3 days of spending time together, I would cry within seconds when he tried to hold me. I had a hard time attributing that to stranger anxiety especially when it wasn't my first time hanging out with him and he was such a nice person. But alas, this was what happened repeatedly, every time.
No worries, uncle Daryl. I still love you. Please bring me to Disneyland the next time I visit LA.
Alright. Time for lunch. Later!
Lucas A. Lum, 8m 2wks old.