Saturday, September 26, 2009

5-month progress update

Mini push-ups, rolling over, crawling, etc. are all key developmental milestones that parents eagerly await for their babies to achieve. As a 5 month old, I have been on-track (if not a little advance) for most milestones. In fact, I also managed to surprise mommy and daddy with a few other changes. Let's flash back to about a month ago...

Shortly after learning to keep my hands busy by grabbing onto nearby objects, I started to get my mouth busy as well. More precisely, I began to show interest in not just the look and feel of everything, but also their taste as well. So far, I have tasted many things within reach including my bib, clothes, toys, daddy and mommy's fingers, and best of all, my own fat little hands. I also liked to scratch my face, suck my fingers, make silly giggles to mommy and most recently, pull my ears!
I didn't know when and how I started these funny gestures but the ear-pulling got mommy worried that I might have developed an ear infection. So I had to go get checked by the doctor before my next scheduled well visit. Luckily, Dr. Woo confirmed that my ears were perfectly fine. Sorry mommy, I was simply trying to discover and explore my own body and this wonderful new world. I promise I will graduate to something else soon.... Umm... Maybe eating dirt I pick up from the floor? Just kidding...
Two weekends ago, Auntie Melissa and Grandma Joann were in town to visit for a few days. Auntie had to attend a medical conference in the city and grandma came along with her. They were very excited to see me, especially grandma who was pleasantly surprised to see how much I had grown since her last visit. I was only 4 weeks old weighing at about 10lbs at the time (versus now at whopping 18.5 lbs!) Must admit I really enjoyed their company, in particular auntie's story time. I also liked all the toys they brought for me, especially the Exersaucer. The only thing somewhat unusual was that it took me a little more time than usual to warm up to grandma's embracing. Grandma, come visit me more often and I promise I won't fuss and kick you next time!