6 weeks have gone by fast and I must say I enjoy my eat-and-sleep-whenever-I-want routine a lot. According to some baby books, I should have gone through two growth spurts already, one at the 3rd week and another at the 6th week. I still haven't had my 2-month appointment which is due on Jun 18th, so I don't know what percentile I am in terms of weight, length and head circumference. But both mommy and daddy were very curious so one day they decided to use their own DIY methods to get a rough idea. Here's what I recall:
Weight: ~ 12 lbs
- Mommy weighed herself on the scale (=X)
- Mommy carried me in her arms and weighed herself one more time (=Y)
- My weight = Y - X = 12 lbs
note: Sometimes I do worry that mommy and daddy may drop me from their arms accidentally, so I have quickly learned to grab onto their clothes tight just to play safe.
Length: ~ 22.5 inches
- Daddy put me on the couch, straightened up my body and legs (while I tried to squirm like a worm, as usual.)
- Mommy pulled out her tape measure and measured my length from head to toe.
Head circumference: Eyeball estimation only
- Compare 2 pictures below. Take a note of how much room remains in the carseat head rest.
- Photo #1: Taken in Week 1
- Photo #2: Taken in Week 6

Official results will be out in a week or so. Stay tuned folks!
Lucas A. Lum, 7w old.